Assess countries and sectors
Before investing on a new market, setting up in a new region or establishing a new relationship with a customer, you need to assess the quality of the business climate and evaluate the risks of unpaid invoices.
Enabling you to plan ahead effectively and build the most intelligent strategies for your business is one of the essential aspects of our expertise. Thanks to our analyses and publications, we offer you the best tools to evaluate an environment in as much detail as possible.
Country risk analyses and evaluations
Analyses and evaluations thought out to enable you to assess the risk of a country's businesses defaulting on the one hand, and on the other, to evaluate the overall quality of the business environment in the country where you wish to export goods or services. All of CreditRisk.Info's knowledge and know-how are made available to your business.
Access to our most strategic information, enabling you to assess the unpaid risk for businesses and evaluate the overall quality of the business environment.
CreditRisk.Info offers you analyses and evaluations enabling you on the one hand to assess the risk of a country’s businesses defaulting, and on the other to evaluate the overall quality of the business environment in the country to which you wish to export goods or services.
Our risk analysis is based on:
- our macroeconomic expertise in assessing country risk;
- our contextual business expertise;
- our microeconomic expertise.
Country risk analysis
The expert assessment of the country risks of CreditRisk.Info is based on macroeconomic, financial and political data.
Regularly updated, they provide an estimate of the average credit risk on a country’s businesses. This is an invaluable tool, giving an indication of a country’s potential influence on businesses’ financial commitments.
Of course, there may be some very solid businesses in high-risk countries, just as there may be some risky ones in reliable countries. The overall risk is thus a combination of business-specific factors and factors relating to the country in which the business operates.
Evaluation of the business envinment
Evaluating the business environment involves measuring the quality of a country’s private sector governance – in other words businesses’ financial transparency and the effectiveness of the courts in settling debts.
At CreditRisk.Info we do this on the basis of:
- in-house consultation involving all our establishments worldwide;
- business climate evaluations produced by international organisations.
With a view to assessing these environments, the majority of evaluations focus on countries’ liquidity and overall solvency. CreditRisk.Info goes further, basing its risk assessment on its microeconomic experience.
In our view, the most important thing is to know:
- whether a company's accounts properly reflect the reality of their financial situation;
- whether in case of unpaid debts the local judicial system will provide equitable and effective settlement.
This assessment relies on CreditRisk.Info’s worldwide network and the expertise deriving from its experience in analyzing risks, investigating companies and managing receivables.
CreditRisk.Info's economic research
Our activity as information provider with a worldwide presence gives us an excellent overall view of businesses and their payment records.
Our economic research is thus based on historical experience of the risks we cover, and also serves to evaluate these same risks:
- macroeconomic analysis and monitoring of political, banking and financial risks are integrated in the day-to-day running of our business;
- microeconomic signals in the form of payment arrears recorded enable us to fine-tune our diagnostics on the economies and sectors concerned, and our forecasts and country evaluations.